What you tell people at parties
I work as a test automation engineer for a fun, no-nonsense IT company in Antwerp. I write scripts to automatically test software developed by my colleagues. My team specializes in Leapwork, which is one of the many testing tools used in the IT industry.
What you actually do
We are currently seeking the first member of our newly formed QA Team. The ideal candidate should have experience in test automation using Leapwork, Selenium, or similar solutions. Your main responsibilities will include testing new and existing business processes and applications that improve operational efficiency. You will have the opportunity to work with a team of dedicated and highly skilled consultants, collaborating with our clients in Belgium and across Europe.
Essential requirements for this role include
- Ability to create test plans and cases, and manage iterations
- Expertise in testing frameworks for web, mobile and database platforms
- Enthusiasm and a dynamic approach to application testing
- Good written and verbal communication skills to effectively work with both the development team and non-technical individuals in the organization
Desirable skills and experience include
- Maintaining and improving automated test plans and scenarios
- Designing comprehensive test scenarios and scripts based on business rules or functional requirements
- Experience in API testing
- Strong focus on quality, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to see the customer’s or end-user’s perspective
- Understanding of the application delivery process and how it aligns with the business goals
- Documenting, investigating and logging any errors during test execution, and working closely with developers to resolve defects
- Demonstrating good judgement skills
- Displaying diplomacy and patience
- Comfortable with working under tight deadlines
- Desire to learn new skills and further enhance expertise in the field of testing
How you approach this
You’re a flexible and enthusiastic colleague who thinks ahead and finds solutions where others see problems. As an entrepreneurial consultant with a passion for delivering software, you have a knack for spotting opportunities. Attention to detail and problem-solving are your strengths. You contribute to our company vision by sharing your knowledge and experience with colleagues. Excellent communication and motivation skills are a must.
What we offer
- This role is a crucial part of a new initiative to build a new business unit from scratch;
- A no-nonsense environment that encourages personal initiative and career growth;
- A competitive salary;
- Attractive benefits package including a company car with charging/fuel card, laptop, internet allowance, group and hospital insurance;
- Opportunities for career development in the direction you want, with our guidance and challenges;
- A wide range of company events and special offerings;
- We understand that your quality of life affects your work quality, so we provide a comprehensive package to take care of you and your loved ones.
Like every other company, we believe we are unique and ‘the place to be’. The truth, however, is that we’re not for everyone. If you’re looking for a company to build yourself a career in ‘management’, or you prefer a strict 9-5, then we might not be the right fit. But if you have an entrepreneurial mindset and see work as more than just a job, let’s talk!
At Providit, we prioritize excellence and craftsmanship. We are extremely passionate about what we do. If you want the freedom and support to develop your skills and become our next ‘Leapwork guru’, then we could be a perfect match!
We are mindful of your privacy. To follow up on your application, we store your details in our contact software.
More information on what we do with your data can be found in our privacy statement.