Lead engineer software test automation
What you tell at a party you do for a living
I work as a test automation engineer for a fun, no nonsense IT company in Antwerp, where I create scripts to automatically test the software my colleagues are writing. My team is specialized in LeapWork, one of the many testing tools in IT-land.
What you actually do
You will be the initial member in the newly created QA Team. The ideal candidate will have experience in test automation using Leapwork, Selenium or other test automation solutions. You will test applications that optimize operational excellence or new and existing business processes. You will get the chance to work together with a team of committed and highly skilled consultants at our customers in Belgium and Europe.
What we ask of you
- Create Test plans and cases, and iteration creation and management.
- Maintain and enhance automated test plans / scenarios
- Design comprehensive test scenarios and scripts from business rules / functional requirements
- Provide testing expertise and framework skills across web, mobile and database platforms.
- Experience of API testing is a plus
- A strong focus on quality, with attention to accuracy and detail
- Able to demonstrate an enthusiastic and dynamic approach to application testing
- Able to view the customer or end-user perspective
- Ability to understand the application delivery process and how it fits in with the business approach and goals of the business
- Document, investigate and log any errors during test execution and work closely with developers in resolving defects
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to communicate to the development team and non-technical people in the organisation
- Good judgement skills
- Ability to demonstrate diplomacy and patience
- Not afraid of tight deadlines
- Have a desire to learn new skills and further enhance in the field of testing
How you tackle this
You are a flexible and enthusiastic colleague, who thinks ahead and sees solutions where others see problems. On top of that, you’re an entrepreneurial consultant with a passion for delivering software and a nose for opportunities. You are focused on detail, and you have the ability to think in solutions. Finally, you contribute to our company vision by sharing your knowledge and experience with colleagues. You are an excellent communicator and motivator.
We offer you
- Being an integral part of a new initiative and building a new business unit from scratch
- A no-nonsense environment with room for personal initiative, career growth and a competitive salary
- An attractive package of extras such as a company car with fuel card, laptop, internet allowance, group and hospital insurance
- The opportunity to further develop your career in the direction you like and at your own pace, with our guidance and challenges
- A long list of company events and special offerings
- We understand that the quality of your life determines the quality of your work. That is why we offer a complete package to take good care of yourself and your loved ones.
- Being part of the largest Belgian IT company, The Cronos Groep
Like every other company, we think we are unique, and we are ‘the place to be.’ The truth is that we are not for everyone. If you are looking for a company to build a career in ‘management’ or if you like everything clean and crisp between 9:00 and 5:00, then look somewhere else. However, if you have an entrepreneurial mindset and work is more than a job, let’s talk!
At Providit, we put excellence and craftsmanship first. We are extremely passionate in what we do. If you want the freedom and support to develop your skills to become our next ‘Leapwork guru’, then we can be a perfect match!